So whoever said the 2's were terrible was mostly right. I definitely struggled with A while she was in her 2's. Pre-2 wasn't much better either. But I had great hope for the 3's - until someone said they were worse than the 2's! Then someone else assured me that if you struggled in the 2's, the 3's would be better.
Now that we are solidly into the 3's, I have to agree with the last person. The 3's are much better. Don't get me wrong - A still has her tantrums and can be a pain in the bootie. Like yesterday when I picked her up from daycare and she said she wanted to go back and then sat on the ground in the middle of a parking garage driveway and refused to budge. That was fun. Of course 5 minutes later she was sitting in the car quietly eating goldfish and watching Dragon Tales. I think that's the main difference - we still have the tantrums, but they seem to end quicker. Much better!
So I've really enjoyed our time together now that I feel like we can almost "hang out". We attempt to play CandyLand together and she likes to sit on the couch and watch Wipeout with me (she calls it "Big Balls"). Conversations are still pretty limited and usually involve Disney characters or asking me what day it is today, but I'm definitely enjoying it more. I'm even braving the airways again and taking her to California tomorrow BY MYSELF. I'm a little nervous and I'm sure it won't be a completely agreeable journey, but she's been so much better lately that I had to try it. We came home from Florida by ourselves in April and we survived. Shorter flight, but still.
I know I need to enjoy this while it lasts. Some day it won't be cool to hang out with me anymore and I'll be longing to be her friend again. It makes me appreciate the relationship I had with my own mother and understand how much she longed to spend any time she could with me. I am so thankful we had the relationship we did and can only hope A and I get along half as good as we did.
Wish me luck in California! And hopefully no earthquakes or anymore aftershocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment